In general the applicant is advised to provide documentation in original. Additional documentation may be required. In case the applicant cannot provide the original version of the document, a copy must be added, an English translation must be attached to any documents in Chinese.
For minors (under 18)：
• Student card.
• Original letter of the school with English translation, mentioning:
- Full address, telephone number of the school.
- Permission for absence.
- Name and function of the person giving the permission.
• Notary Certificate of family relation or proof of guardianship, legalised by MFA.
Minors travelling alone or with one parent:
Notary Certificate of permission to travel from both parents or legal guardians (when minor is travelling alone) or the parent or legal guardian not travelling (if minor is travelling with one parent), legalized by MFA, and when not in China, attested by the relevant authorities in the country of residence.
• A sealed copy of the business license of the employing company.
• A letter from the employer (in English, or in Chinese with English translation) on official company paper with stamp, signature, date and clearly mentioning:
- Address, telephone and fax numbers of the employing company.
-The name and position in the employing company of the countersigning officer.
-The name of the applicant, position, salary and years of service.
-Approval for leave or absence.
For retired persons:
• Pension certificate, with a copy thereof.
• Or the original letter of retirement from the employer, the letter should be printed on company letter head, signed and stamped
• Proof of regular income.
For unemployed adults:
• If married: Letter of employment and income of the spouse plus notary certificate of marriage, legalised by MFA.
• If single/ divorced /widow/ widower - any other proof of regular income.
• Student card, with a copy thereof.
• Original letter from the school/institution with full address, telephone number of the school/institution, permission for absence for the applicant and name and function of the person giving the permission. The letter should be printed on school/institution letterhead, stamped and signed.