Visa applications should be submitted for a maximum of 6 months, and no later than 15 days, before the trip.
• A copy of the business license of the applicant’s employing company with the stamp in original of
• A letter from the employer (in English, or in Chinese with English translation) on official company letterhead with stamp, signature, date and clearly mentioning:
- the address, telephone and fax numbers of the employing company,
- the name and position in the employing company of the countersigning officer.
- the name of the applicant.
- the applicant’s position, salary and years of service and approval for leave or absence.
For retired persons:
• Proof of pension or other regular income.
For unemployed adults:
• If married: Letter of employment and income of the spouse and notarized certificate of marriage, legalised by the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA).
• If single / divorced / widow / widower: any other proof of regular income.
For minors (under 18):
• Student card and an original letter from the minor’s school, mentioning the full address and telephone number of the school and granting permission for the student’s absence. The name and position of the person giving the permission should also be included.
• Minors traveling alone or with one parent: notarized certificate of permission to travel from both parents or legal guardians (when the minor is traveling alone) or the parent or legal guardian not traveling (if the minor is traveling with one parent) legalized by MFA.
• If not in China, legalized by the relevant authorities in the country of residence. Notarised certificate of family relation or proof of guardianship, legalized by MFA.