• If applicant is a permanent resident but has an expired Brazilian ID card for Foreign Citizens (RNE); and
a) is over the age of 60 years; or
b) is a person with special needs, please provide copy of the expired Brazilian ID card for Foreign Citizens (RNE). (Requirements C, E, F, G are waived);
• If applicant is the bearer of a Permanent or Temporary Visa and has requested an extension of the visa or its conversion to a Permanent Visa, please present a notarized copy of the protocol issued by the Federal police of Brazil, by the Ministry of Justice of Brazil or by the National Council of Immigration (“Conselho Nacional de Imigração”). (Requirements C, E, F, G are waived)
Special requirements for minors:
• Presentation of the original birth certificate or a notarized copy. Copies presented without the original birth certificate must be Legalized by MFA/FAO
• The proof of means of support during the applicants stay in Brazil must be presented by his/her parents or other sponsor and proof of relationship;
Special requirements for minors who are travelling unaccompanied or with only one of the parents or legal guardians:
• Presentation of an Authorization for Brazilian Visa Issuance for Minors, signed by both parents or legal guardians (in which case legal proof of guardianship is required) at a public notary（this form may be downloaded here
. Please note that if both parents or legal guardians (in which case legal proof of guardianship is required) are travelling with the minor an Authorization for Brazilian Visa Issuance for Minors is NOT necessary;
If applicant is a minor that is being adopted by a Brazilian national:
• A notarized copy of the judicial decision on the adoption and/or any other proof of the adoption process. Additionally, provide notarized copy of legal decision or notarized written authorization of both parents or guardians if the minor is travelling unaccompanied to Brazil or in the company of only one of the parents or guardians. (Requirements C, E, F, G are waived).
If applicant intends to take part in events:
• If the applicant intends to take part in athletic competitions, performing arts events, conferences or seminars, please provide copy of letter from sponsor/organizer providing specific information on the activity to be performed and location and duration of the activity/event. The letter must state that the participant will not receive payment and that no tickets will be sold for the event.